- Vernon, A.C., Crum, W.R., Lerch, J.P., Chege, W., Natesan, S., Modo, M., Cooper, J.D., Williams, S.C., Kapur, S. Reduced cortical volume and elevated astrocyte density in rats chronically treated with anti-psychotic drugs-linking magentic resonance imaging findings to cellular pathology. Biol Psychiatry. 2014, Jun. 15, 75(12):982-90
- Khorram, B., Lang, D.J., Kopala, L.C., Vandorpe, RF.A., Rui, Q., Goghari, V.M., Smith, G.N., Honer, W.G. Reduced thalamic volume in patients with chronic schizophrenia after switching from typical anti-psychotic medications to olanzepine. Am J sychiatry. 2006, Nov. 163 (11):2005-7
- Hughes, B., Herron, C.E., Cannabidiol reverses deficits in hippocampal LTP in a model of Alzheimer’s disease. Neurochem. Res. 2019, Mar. 44(3):703-713
This is medical information not medical advice. Please consult with your physician.
- Lebrun, C., Rocher, F., Cancer risk in patients with multiple sclerosis: potential impact of disease-modifying drugs. CNS Drugs. 2018, Oct. 32(10):939-949 doi:10.1007/s40263-018-0564-y
- Behjati, S., Tarpey, P., What is next generation sequencing? Arch Dis Child Educ Pract Ed. 2013 Dec; 98(6)236-238
- Kang, C., Liang, C., Ahmad, K.E., Gu, Y., Siow, S.F., Colebatch, J.G., Whyte, S., N, K., Cremer, P.D., Corbett, A.J., Davis, R.L., Roscioloi, T., Cowley, M.J., Park, S.J., Sue, C.M., Kumar, K.R. High Degree of Genetic Hetereogeneity for Hereditary Cerebellar Ataxias in Australia, Cerebellum, 2019, Feb. (1):137-146
- Elert-Dobkowska, E., Stepniak, I., Krysa, W., Ziora-Jakutowicz, K., Rakowicz, M., Sobanska, A., Pilch, J., Antczak-Marach, D., Zaremba, J., Sulek, A. Next-generation sequencing reveals the broader variant spectrum of hereditary spastic paraplegia and related phenotypes. Neurogenetic, 2019, Feb, doi:10.1007/s10048-019-00565-6
It is thought that there is increased GABAergic tone at night which could depress cognition. The natural circadian rhythm allows for maximum cognitive abilities during the daytime. . This is when we get our peak performance. The worse time for vulnerabilities in cognition occurred in the hours between 4-6am(1).
- Chellappa, S.L.,Morris, C., Scheer, F.A. Effects of circadian misalignment on cognition in chronic shift workers. Sci. Rep., 2019, 9:699. published online 2019 Jan 24. doi: 10.1038/s41598-018-36762-w
- Nir, Y., Andrillon, T., Marmelshtein, A., Suthana, N., Cirelli, C., Tononi, G., Fried, I. Selective neuronal lapses precede human cognitive lapses following sleep deprivation. Nat Med. 2017, Dec: 23(12)1474-1480
- Goadsby, P.J., Edvinson, L., Human in vivo evidence for trigeminovascular activation in cluster headache.Neuropeptude chanes and effects of acute attackes therapies. Brain. 1994 Jun; 117 (Pt 3):427-34
- Ashehoug, I., Bratbak, D.F., Tronvik, E.A. Long-term outcome of patients with intractable chronic cluster headache treated with injection of onabotulinumtoxin A toward the sphenopalatine ganglion – an observational study. Headache, 2018, Nov; 58(10):1519-1529
- P.L. Durham, Calcitonin gene-related peptide and migraine. 2006, Jun. 46 (Suppl 1):S3-S8
- Tepper, S.J. Anti-calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) therapies: update on a previous review after the American Headache Society 60th Scientific Meeting, San Francisco, June 2018
- Marin, J., Giffin, N., Consiglio, E., mcClure, C., Liebler, E., Davies, B. Non-invasive vagus nerve stimulation for treatment of cluster headache: early UK clinical experience. J. Headache Pain. 2018, Nov. 23; 19
Disclaimer: This is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. Please see your physician. Reading this does not constitute a physician-patient relationship.
- Cui, S., Du, J.J., Liu, S.H., Meng, J., Lin, Y.Q., Li, G., He, Y.X., Zhang, P.C., Chen, S., Wang, G., Serm soluble lymphocyte activation gene-3 as a diagnostic biomarker in Parkinson’s disease: a pilot multicenter study,” Mov Disord 2018, Nov. doi:10.1002/mds.27569 (epub ahead of print)
- Aliseychik, M.P., Andreeva, T.V., Rogaev, E.I., “Immunogenetic factors of neurodegenerative diseases: the role of HLA Class II,” Biochemistry, 2018, Sep. 83(9):1104-1116
- Sato, S., Hattori, N., “Genetic mutations and mitochondrial toxins shed new light on the pathogenesis of Parkinson’s disease.” Parkinsons Dis. 2011; 2011:979231